How to: unlink your Google AdWords account from Google Analytics
There are many reasons why you would want to unlink a Google AdWords account from Google Analytics. You may have created a new AdWords account, or changed your agency so that you need to remove the existing linking. The process of unlinking the accounts, is almost the same as the linking process. Follow the description below and have your AdWords account unlinked from Google Analytics within 5 minutes:
The process of unlinking your AdWords account from Google Analytics:
- In order to unlink the account you have to login with a user that are both administrator in Google AdWords and in the Google Analytics account.
- Sign in to your Google AdWords account at http://adwords.google.com
- Select “Google Analytics” from the “Tools and Analysis” menu in the main navigation of the AdWords interface.
- Click on the “Admin” tab in the top right menu of the interface.
- Find and click on the account that you would like to link to your AdWords account.
- Find and click on the “Data Sources”
- Click “Unlink” next to the account that you want to unlink.
- If you are sure that you want to unlink your AdWords account, then click “Unlink” again
Your Google AdWords account is now unlinked from Google Analytics.
What happens if I don’t link my accounts?
- You won’t be able to see the AdWords specific metrics inside your Google Analytics account or link the AdWords data to the collected Google Analytics data.
- If your campaigns aren’t tagged manually with Google Analytics campaign parameters, your traffic from AdWords will show as Organic search traffic, which mean that you won’t be able to distinguish between your AdWords traffic and the real Organic traffic from Google.