How to: copy a Google Analytics Profile
Have you ever been in the time consuming process of copying Google Analytics profiles, filters, goals and users manually? Say hello to the new “Copy Profile” feature in Google Analytics! The new “Copy Profile” feature is available in all profiles under the “Profile Settings” tab in the Google Analytics interface.
The feature helps you copy the following elements from a profile:
- All profile filters
- All profile goals
- All profile users
- All profile settings
- Advanced Segments
In order to copy a profile you need to follow the process below:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account at http://google.com/analytics
- Click on the “Admin” tab in the top right menu of the interface.
- Click on the Account that contains the Profile you want to copy.
- Now click on the Web Property that contains the Profile you want to copy.
- From the “drop down” select the Profile you want to copy, and go to the “Profile Settings” tab.
- In the bottom right corner of the page find and click the “Copy this profile” link.
- Choose the name for the new Profile and accept the copy by clicking the “Copy Profile” button.
You have now created a new copy of the existing Google Analytics Profile.